Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ryan Zimmerman? Fabulous!

I had a hard time coming up with a shirt for the Face of the Franchise, Zimmy. Zim doesn't exactly ooze charisma, and it's hard to get a bead on his personality. I couldn't design a shirt like Burnett's, or Nyjer's, so I thought I would have to fall back on his name or his number like Jordan Zimemrman's. But then it hit me... his tag on my other blog is "The Non Human" because the kid is incredible in the clutch, and is good at every aspect of the game (lollipop side arm throws excluded). He really does play like a dude who's not mortal. So, a little tweaking of the Superman logo brought this.


I was really happy with how it came out, but still felt the need for a little text on the shirt to explain it better. I actually hunted down the font from the 1950s era Superman comics and wrote out the cheesiest line I possibly could. Is it pretty lame? Yeah, but dammit... I'm pretty lame, and I wanted a shirt that I would like. And I like this lame ass shirt a lot. So much so that it's my current game day shirt. Now, buy one, dammit, and become one of Z's minions.

No comments:

Post a Comment